Monica Wanjiru is an #EquityLeader since 2015. She tells her story of how the program has played a role in her professional and personal growth. Through her journey as an ELP scholar, she’s been able to actively participate in community service and mentoring young scholars. With consistency and determination, she aspires to become a Director of Strategy in a Multinational Corporation before venturing fully to Consultancy.
- Banker, Citibank Kenya, serving Institutional Clients
- Control and Instrumentation graduate
- Organized a mentorship group known as the Sparkle, together with her friends
- Involved in charity work such as feeding the street children.
- Has held various leadership positions such as Vice Chair of Jomo Kenyatta University Equity Leadership Club, JKUELC, Discipleship Coordinator at Muranga University Outreach Team and Chairperson of the Electro Commission of the Outreach Team. Currently serves in the Church leadership of Juja Happy Church
Education and Career
- Currently undertaking an MBA in Strategy at JKUAT.
- Control and Instrumentation graduate.