EGF’s programmes demonstrate scalability, impact and high returns on investment. Since 2008, EGF has:
– Provided over 14,168 comprehensive secondary school scholarships to academically gifted but disadvantaged students through our signature Wings to Fly scholarship programme.
– Assisted over 5,060 high-achieving secondary school graduates to gain access to paid professional internships, leadership training, and college counseling through the Equity Leaders Programme (ELP). Of these, more than 392 students have matriculated to competitive global universities, including Ivy League universities, while the rest have joined leading public universities in Kenya.
– Awarded over KSh. 1.5 million in seed funding to the top scholar business pitches at the annual Equity Innovators Awards.
– Trained over 1 million low-income women, youth, and micro-entrepreneurs in financial literacy, and over 25,303 micro and small entrepreneurs in advanced small business development.
– Supported nearly 2,616 small and medium-sized farmers to plan and realize farm expansion, capital improvements, and technology uptake to support increased production.
– Supported 500,000 peasant farmers to transit to agribusiness.
– Supported 532,000 families to move from in-kind humanitarian support to cash vouchers and eventually into bank remittances.